About the Artwork
Our Eastern Great Egret graphic was created exclusively for I Stand For® by Gold Coast artist Melanie Glenister, a magnificent water-bird symbolizing freedom and hope.
During the 19th century, Egrets across the world were hunted down for their beautiful white feathers to use as apparel accessories. The Eastern Great Egret is now protected in Australia and still listed as endangered in Victoria & Western Australia.
Click here to buy the tote bag with the same artwork.
Click here to see Melanie Glenister's website.
About the T-shirt
This stylish, super soft rolled sleeve t-shirt has been sourced through Earth Positive® to ensure its origins meet our commitment to environment and ethically made standards:
- 100% Combed Organic Cotton Jersey (130g- 155g depending on size)
- Proudly printed locally on the NSW North Coast using water based and eco-friendly digital inks.
- 100% Organic Product in accordance with the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), produced from Indian Cotton, and certified by the Control Union and Soil Association Certifications
- 90% reduced Carbon Footprint (CO2e) according to the BSI PAS2050 and certified by the Carbon Trust
- Peta approved Vegan cotton
- Fair Wear Foundation (FWF) verified workplace standards